It is our pleasure to welcome you as a customer of EDA Solutions. Our IC design tools from Siemens EDA and Galaxy Semiconductor are backed by highly trained and experienced engineers as well as a variety of resources, to ensure that you are as productive as possible.
We have created this guide to help you become familiar with our support procedures and offerings.
- Scope of technical support
- Technical support resources
- Technical support procedure
- Communication methods
- Requesting Process Design Kits (PDKs)
- Staying up to date
- Frequently asked questions
Scope of technical support
Our support includes, but may not be limited to:
- Tool installation & licensing
- Tool configuration & how-to
- Reporting of potential software defects & provision of possible workarounds
- Requesting new potential features & functionality
- Requesting new Process Design Kits (PDKs)
- Process Design Kit (PDK) installation
Technical support resources
Resources available include the following:
- EDA Solutions Support Hub
- Siemens EDA Support Center
- Galaxy Semiconductor Support Portal
- Galaxy Semiconductor Downloads Page (FlexNet Operations)
Both of the above portals are explained below.
EDA Solutions SupportHub
Multiple users from the same company can create accounts on the EDA Solutions SupportHub.
Use your company’s e-mail address for registration. Your company Site ID is required.
For Galaxy Semiconductor customers, please use Site ID “GALAXY” upon registration.
This support portal features the following:
- Submission of support tickets
- Access to technical notes through “Knowledge base”
- Access to product information
- Submission of Process Design Kit (PDK) requests
Siemens EDA Support Center
As for the EDA Solutions SupportHub, multiple users from the same company are allowed to create accounts on the Siemens EDA Support Center. Please note however that group e-mails are prohibited. Company e-mail addresses are required for registration.
This support portal features the following:
- Access to software installation files
- Access to your company’s license files
- Access to technical notes and user guides
Galaxy Semiconductor Support Portal
Receive access to technical articles and FAQs related to Galaxy Semiconductor products. This portal will require registration using your company’s e-mail address.
Galaxy Semiconductor Downloads Page
This page is used to download installation binaries of the Galaxy Semiconductor tools. Registration using the company’s e-mail is required.
Technical support procedure
Please use our EDA Solutions SupportHub to create an account and submit support tickets. The support procedure is shown below.
Please include the following in the ticket description:
- For potential defects, please include the symptoms of the problem, reproduction steps and examples where applicable or possible.
- For potential feature requests, please include the description of the feature and use model. Feature requests are subject to approval by the factory team.
Once defects have been resolved and/or feature requests have been implemented in future releases, you will be informed of them.
Primarily, communication is carried out by e-mail. Net-meetings may be arranged at a convenient time to facilitate screen-sharing and support provision. Phone calls can be arranged where appropriate.
Requesting Process Design Kits (PDKs)
Provided a valid foundry NDA is available, all requests for Process Design Kits (PDKs) must be made via the EDA Solutions SupportHub using the ‘Request a PDK’ link, where PDK information must be provided as accurately as possible using the online form. PDK information needed may include:
- Foundry name
- Process name and codes
- Key dates
Once the new PDK request has been submitted, a member of the support team will follow up on your request. Enablement files will be provided, and installation support and guides will be supplied once the data becomes available.
Note: Please check with the foundry for PDK availability first before submitting the request here as data may readily be available.
Staying up to date
The EDA Solutions newsletter is one of the best ways to keep up to date. Please select “Yes, I would like to receive EDA Solutions newsletters” upon registration to the EDA Solutions SupportHub portal as shown on the next page.
If you missed this option at registration, you could still enable it by logging in to your account settings on the EDA Solutions SupportHub by selecting “Account Details”, and you should find it under “Profile Details” settings.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. I can’t see my products or licenses on the Siemens EDA Support Center. How do I resolve this issue?
A1. Please login to the Siemens EDA Support Center and select “Need website help?”, then choose “Request website help” button. Please fill in the form to request support from the Siemens EDA Support Center team
Q2. I need to change my license host or lock ID. How do I do that?
A2. Please open a ticket on the EDA Solutions SupportHub and a member of the support team will get in contact to assist you with this request.
Q3. Do you provide training?
A3. Yes, training options are available. Please contact your EDA Solutions Account Manager for more details. Our support team can assist you by demonstrating certain how-to and features.
Q4. What software do you use to arrange net-meetings?
A4. We primarily use Microsoft Teams. Other tools can be considered if you are unable to use Microsoft Teams.