LightSuite Photonic Compiler is a script driven environment with advanced co-electrical and optical routing that reduces the layout time through automation from weeks to hours. L-Edit Photonics enables implementation in a traditional IC layout editor.
Photonic simulation is supported through integration with our multiple OpenDoor partners. Photonic and transistor co-simulation is also supported by some of the partners. Foundry supported process design kits are available.
LightSuite Photonic Compiler is the only layout automation tool for integrated photonics. It is a toolbox of automation engines for both the photonics and electrical parts of the design.
LightSuite Photonic Compiler is fast; it can route 500 optical components in an hour. The user can select from multiple routing engines, along with routing directives like fixed length that can be applied to a waveguide or multiple waveguides. The resulting design is DRC clean, because Calibre RealTime is called during all placement and routing steps.
LightSuite Photonic Compiler supports multiple use models
- Script driven – For the Photonics expert, enables complete control over the PIC design implementation
- Schematic driven layout – For the custom IC designer
- Design of experiments – enable the automatic layout for creating a test chip, where parameters of a cell can be swept to create multiple instances
- Interposer – the photonic design is the interposer, and one or more photonic or electrical die can be placed on the photonic interposer.
- LightSuite Photonic Compiler is fast, a designer can create multiple “what if” layouts
- Photonic PDKs are available from multiple foundries
- LightSuite Photonic Compiler is built on standards. The tool runs native on OpenAccess
- Python, the supported scripting language, is popular with many PIC designers
- The resulting design is correct by Calibre, with Calibre RealTime running in the background
- LightSuite Photonic Compiler is available on Linux®